Claudy Country park with the Faughan River running through it is a Site of High Conservation value.
See Cycle NI for a nice write up too
The village of Claudy originally grew up around the Cumber House and its estate, the lands of which were included in the Plantation of Ulster in the early 17th Century. Originally in the possession of the church, the Bishop of Derry at the time, Bishop Reeves, let the land to George Cooke. Since then the lands of the estate changed hands many times, but the last of the English landlords were the Browne-Lecky family who built Cumber House as we know it today in the early 19th Century. The last member of the Browne-Lecky family to reside in Cumber House was Colonel Cecil Browne-Lecky who died in 1929. After the Colonel’s death the land was sold to a man named Wooton who cleared large areas of trees from the estate and Cumber House itself was them used as to billet British and American troops during World War II. Local GAA club John Mitchels purchased Cumber House in 1972 and are currently working on an extensive restoration project in partnership with the Heritage Lottery Fund. - Rapid Community Network